Popular posts from this blog
June Bug
Last Thursday I traveled up to Saugerties to my friend Avigayil's house with our friend Wendy for a creative beading day. I began the beadweaving on the right for the Chalcedony necklace and I completed it on Friday. Many hours were involved in this piece, it was fun. Back to Avigayil's, we all had a great time! We made a pot luck salad lunch, all of our contributions were delicious. Then, sharing our projects and getting down to our beading, it was great! Having a beading circle of friends is the best. Wendy is working on a Muse. Her piece is really gorgeous, very intricate beading. My hours involved in my Chalcedony piece do not compare to what Wendy is investing in her Muse. I am looking forward to it being finished, and I am sure Wendy will allow me to share here. The picture in the upper left, this is a joke compared to what Wendy is doing but I like it because it was born out of frustration. I was trying to make a bracelet in peyote stitch which involved following a visua...
Sadness and weirdness
So. July has been a very strange month. My plan for Summer was to; soak it in, make it last, enjoy, play, create, etc. Well, nothing ever goes as planned, and the things not in our plans are heartbreaking some times. We brought in Independence Day very subdued. No parties, we were invited to no parties either which is just fine by us! A little BBQ, but just family (meaning Hubby and I and kids) My Father was in the hospital in Delaware where he lives near Rehoboth Beach. He had been in the hospital since June with heart issues. He had a stint put into his artery for his heart but things had gone terribly wrong. He also had COPD, which did not help matters any. I was anxious to know how he was but the communication from his companion was not really good. The news had been that he had the procedure, was not doing well, but would be ok to...thought he was going to die...but he will be ok (on July 6)...to....OMG, they told me that he is going to die today! on July 7th. I was driving my dau...
Comments
Post a Comment