Popular posts from this blog
Regrets...Feelings.... and then there are Peacocks.
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou My previous post I declared my self embrace of being an Artist, of using the WORD Artist to describe myself. Even though I am self taught. I also shared about someone who helped make me feel "less than" myself. I have also made peace about that person because I believe they were projecting personal issues on me, and the other people as well. Sad. Anyway, accepting the Artist title.... That does not come without regrets. I wish... that I could have gone to school for Art. I wish I were in the position to go to school for Art now. I lack a quirky spontaneity I wish I possessed, but then again there are some chances I take out of ignorance. All in all. I am who I am. I am painting a Peacock for a fundraiser for a local park in Kingston. I love peacocks. But, I am trying to look ...
June Bug
Last Thursday I traveled up to Saugerties to my friend Avigayil's house with our friend Wendy for a creative beading day. I began the beadweaving on the right for the Chalcedony necklace and I completed it on Friday. Many hours were involved in this piece, it was fun. Back to Avigayil's, we all had a great time! We made a pot luck salad lunch, all of our contributions were delicious. Then, sharing our projects and getting down to our beading, it was great! Having a beading circle of friends is the best. Wendy is working on a Muse. Her piece is really gorgeous, very intricate beading. My hours involved in my Chalcedony piece do not compare to what Wendy is investing in her Muse. I am looking forward to it being finished, and I am sure Wendy will allow me to share here. The picture in the upper left, this is a joke compared to what Wendy is doing but I like it because it was born out of frustration. I was trying to make a bracelet in peyote stitch which involved following a visua...
Comments
Post a Comment