Regrets...Feelings.... and then there are Peacocks.




 “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Maya Angelou



My previous post I declared my self embrace of being an Artist, of using the WORD Artist to describe myself. Even though I am self taught. 
I also shared about someone who helped make me feel "less than" myself.
I have also made peace about that person because I believe they were projecting personal issues on me, and the other people as well. 
Sad.
Anyway, accepting the Artist title....
That does not come without regrets.
I wish... that I could have gone to school for Art. I wish I were in the position to go to school for Art now. 
I lack a quirky spontaneity I wish I possessed, but then again there are some chances I take out of ignorance.
All in all. I am who I am.


I am painting a Peacock for a fundraiser for a local park in Kingston. 
I love peacocks. But, I am trying to look at them differently, without all the beautiful colors. Subdued, because my plan is to make it look like a statue. But, a beautiful statue.
                                                            Involved in Peacocks.


                           This is the peacock. It is obscene in contrast to the ethereal rendering I made. 
                                          (I used a black and white Getty images photo for reference)
                                            Today I am going to work on the crest and sand this baby.
                                                                          Then Gesso.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sadness and weirdness

Where does it gooooooooo?