June Bug



Last Thursday I traveled up to Saugerties to my friend Avigayil's house with our friend Wendy for a creative beading day. I began the beadweaving on the right for the Chalcedony necklace and I completed it on Friday. Many hours were involved in this piece, it was fun. Back to Avigayil's, we all had a great time! We made a pot luck salad lunch, all of our contributions were delicious. Then, sharing our projects and getting down to our beading, it was great! Having a beading circle of friends is the best.
Wendy is working on a Muse. Her piece is really gorgeous, very intricate beading. My hours involved in my Chalcedony piece do not compare to what Wendy is investing in her Muse. I am looking forward to it being finished, and I am sure Wendy will allow me to share here. The picture in the upper left, this is a joke compared to what Wendy is doing but I like it because it was born out of frustration. I was trying to make a bracelet in peyote stitch which involved following a visual pattern. I was determined to do this, it was a bead rendering of Mona Lisa. I messed it up after I was in to it for at least 40 rows. (following patterns is not a strong point for me) About 2 weeks ago, I sat down to cut it apart, it was just bugging me to do that. I cut pieces, set them aside, and saw a pattern emerge so I stopped cutting, took advantage of the tangle of thread and began gluing on to a piece of brass sheet. I watercolored Mona's face and glued that on. TaDa! Bizarre results, but it was a good creative exercise, and I love her. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sadness and weirdness

Where does it gooooooooo?